Tuesday 23 November 2010

Wrap It Your Way


Wrap It Your Way - Amber Ink's Inkcredible 21 Day Challenge - check it out do - you take a food or gift item, and deck it out. And there are some stunners - visit the link and Look! There is an amazing opportunity for you here - if you win , you and Amber, (the genius with the pencil and graphic programme) get to collude on producing your ideas as digi images and stuff - I know a heap of people that could be doing this!

So I've used my utter favourite (so far) ipaper - Snowflake Lace - to make this little cone shaped hanger/ holder. It's from a 4" square, so you can get plenty from a sheet! You'll recognise the Martha Stewart border punch along the top of the 'insert' cone and I used a die to cut the snowflake shapes, attached them with silicone glue for a bit of dimension. Obviously the devil in the detail : the pink candy canes...in a pack of 20ish from Sainsbury's. I expect if I looked everywhere, everywhere would have them, and probably in traditional colours, but I do quite like the pink for a change.

I must say that despite my initial ignorance and crappy printer fears, I've really had my head turned by this ipaper - so jolly convenient. And I read that one Torchbearer sends her files to a copy shop for printing - now that's a great idea - no probs at all with colour cartridges there! I could build up a bit of a stash instead of print and use - which makes me feel like I have last minute-itis, and doesn't help my decision process because all the possibilities crowd my head!

14 comments:

Nicks said...

wow thats gorgeous

misteejay said...

What a lovely idea - it looks super.

Toni :o)

voodoo vixen said...

these would look so lovely hanging from your tree. Love that snowflake punch!!

Angela said...

What a cute candy cane cone! (Cute pink candy canes as well). Love the snowflakes -- they go so well with the iPaper.

Angela Toucan said...

it looks fabulous.
And Julia - you can pass element/kit/paper ideas to me any time you like, no need to win the opportunity (grin)

G Peplow said...

Fabulous project, love it to pieces:0) xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Super sweet! Your cone is so pretty and you dressed it up just right.

Neet said...

Gorgeous paper - no wonder it has turned your head.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

that is really cute..

Pam said...

Cone Love. You know it.

wendyp said...

how CUTE!!! love those pink candy canes too!

hmmm, thats a really good idea about the copy shop. I'm going to have to remember to check out and see if our local shop does that.

Unknown said...

wow - you and digi paper - are you turning? You may come to my way of thinking one day - if i ruin it or make a pigs ear of it - no problemo - print another... win win win.

Love the project.

Paula x x x

Unknown said...

me again - meant to say on first glance it looks like an umberella - the cane is the handle - the cone the bit on the top (I want to say canopy but not sure if thats what its called)

P x x x

Anonymous said...

[url=http://levaquin.tech/]levaquin[/url] [url=http://inderal40mg80mg.top/]buy inderal no prescription canada[/url] [url=http://buy-diflucan.link/]diflucan[/url] [url=http://diflucan.tech/]diflucan[/url] [url=http://ciprofloxacin-hcl-500-mg.webcam/]ciprofloxacin hcl 500 mg[/url] [url=http://buy-albuterol.space/]albuterol[/url]