Tuesday 2 November 2010

Well, you asked..

Well probably not you - but some people! Here's a couple of the cards that featured at saturday's Marathon. I have to confess to not having unpacked properly yet...and certainly I haven't washed or cleaned any of the stamps involved. Yet. Maybe. I'm sorry if it makes you go wobbly and grind your teeth, but it's OK really - they're my stamps and I'm still living and breathing! So why's it taken so long to post even a paltry couple of cards? Because my camera SD card was missing. Totally OK, clearly I've found it now. I had lent it to Miss Dunnit for use at the convention over the weekend. Apparently it was my idea; aren't you happy your memory is as good as mine? I took a couple of pics on the day with my phone, but they aren't up to much, and like so many pics of workshops and things, they simply show a bunch of gals sitting at tables!
Although I haven't fully unpacked I can tell from spplies left over which of my cards were more popular (or which people did first before becoming selective in the time remaining!). This foiled tree went down reasonably well - I know you can't see it well but the pink foil on the Kraft paper is lovely. Miss Dunnit still thinks it deserves the name we used to identify it at the Marathon - Pink & Gaudy. Still, makes a nice non-traditional change, huh!I'll show you a few more cards as the unpacking progresses. To be honest, I need to get the unpacking done so I can hae my supplies back in their rightful places (yes, they DO have rightful places). because I have new stamps to play with and I'm a bit excited about that. Specially as they aren't Christmas stamps!

9 comments:

Helen said...

OOh, does that mean we may see new stamps on the workdesk tomorrow, lol! Love these cards, can see why the pink/kraft was popular.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Miss Dunnit may think that card is "Pink and Gaudy," but I find it amazing and beautiful. Embossing is hard. And you do it very well. Of course, I think stamping is hard, so what do I know, right? I know I love the Pretty in Pink card and I don't even LIKE pink!

SDCrafts said...

I can understand the not-yet-cleaned stamp syndrome - I have a full carrier of crafting goodies bought at the weekend while away oop north that I haven't unpacked and stored yet.

But your artwork more than makes up for any housekeeping shortcomings, doesn't it Julia? I do like the tree - very similar to the one I designed for my own use last Xmas. I've missed my vocation!

Leanne said...

Oooh I absolutely adore your snowman card - its gorgeous!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Christmas Inspiration challenge this week - we have 3 amazing prizes up for grabs!! You can enter as many times as you like!

Hope to see you there!

Leanne xx

Carola Bartz said...

I love that foiled tree! The snowman is very cute as well, love the embossed snowflakes.

Ann said...

I love both of those cards, Julia. To think you have a rightful place for everything! I would never have guessed ;)

misteejay said...

great cards. Love the snowman and despite not being a lover of pink I think the tree is lovely.

Toni :o)

Lou Mac said...

I can see why that foiled tree design went down so well, its beautiful!!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, they're greatly appriciated! :)

Lou Mac. xo

PS. I have recently acquired a 3rd pair of scissors, I don't know what has come over me!!

Chrissie said...

Sounds like you had fun! I would say that my memory is about on a par with yours... maybe not quite as sharp, but close!
I also have a box of uncleaned stamps not a million miles away from me as I type!
Chrissie