Friday 19 November 2010

Look, no glitter!

I was getting bogged down in season-ality and the sort of colours that go with. This fresh little bunny lad is Dandelion (code K001 to be precise) and was a breath of fresh air to colour and make. He's from the Crafthouse Press - more excitingly for me - he's part of a range of foam mounted rubber stamps! Now that is seasonally excellent news! Cut along to your LSS and have a look - I've got a couple others to show...and will when I need to rest from the December stuff!

Did you notice that this week had a record number of WOYWWers? I expect if you have guilt about getting round every desk then you will have noticed. But let me re-iterate; it's meant to be fun - work and having a bad cold and worry about all sorts of things makes the real life a tad more difficult than hopping round friendly blogs on the interweb. So cut yourselves some slack - everyone is really happy to get visitors,but if you can't visit everyone, it doesn't matter, honest. Dip in and out, take part, comment, don't comment - it doesn't matter. Don't pressure yourselves. But hey - if you aren't posting to your blog or WOYWWing for whatever reasons, be unapologetic and stay in touch anyway huh - you don't need to post a pic every Wednesday to drop by and say hi, for sure. So as we gear up for the big season, do take my advice huh. You might as well. I'm not using it (- as one of my stamps sagely puts it!)

Oh and Julia, how come you have an open box of Cyprus made turkish delight on your desk? Well, interweb, nosey as you are, you'll be pleased by the answer. It's genuine stuff and I must say, we ended up fighting over the nutty, almondy pieces, oh yum. All thanks to Cath in Cyprus, who for happy family reasons, was recently transformed into Cath in Tidworth! Oh it was very nice to meet her - you know what I mean, when you sort of have to hug to prove it's really happening! Brave Cath came over to the shop on Thursday evening and joined the workshop - which was manic but fun. The weather was foul whilst she and her lovely man were here, I hope they travelled well and have got the chill off their bones by now.

Have a nice crafty christmas shoppy weekend y'all. No, really if I have to, I think it only fair that you do too!

28 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hey there Julia, have to say hi, Love your card very refreshing colours and so sweet!
Haven't been visiting WOWW 'cos I've been busy and feeling quite guilty but I've got permission from the top, the Lady in Charge herself, to be absent and not comment, thanks:0)
p.s will really try to do better and pop in to see folks, it's fun to visit:0) xx

Linby said...

What a lovely card-so cute. How fab you got to meet Cath and she bought delicious goodies.
Linbyx

voodoo vixen said...

Love the card Julia, such a nice break from festive seasonal colours! Turkish delight? The real thing? I am so jealous... funny the things that 'make' Christmas, because turkish delight, satsumas and cigar smoke will do it for me every time!!

Joey said...

Hiya Julia

I love this card, so sweet the colour base is just gorgeous!

I have to say I am one of the woyww'ers who have sat out for the last week or two as I knew I wouldnt be able to visit many people but after your sum-up I will make sure I join again next week :O)

Joey.xxx

misteejay said...

Lovely clean fresh colours on the card - a very nice break from seasonal stuff.

Toni :o)

Sandra said...

What a cute card!! I wish one day I´ll be able to sew!! And color, hahaha. Really nice image and coloring!

xxx

Lynne said...

Lovely card Julia, pretty colours and cute image. Have a great weekend. Love Lynne xx

Pam said...

Cutting some slack and me...we are one. Turkish Delight and me...we are one too. (A bit of AmberInk Trivia - the muddah, which means me, graduated from HS on the coast of the Marmara Sea which = Turkish Delight foEVEH) AND that card is absolutely awesome BTW!

Stressed Stamper said...

Happy Easter!...Like Joey I am one of the people not done a WOYWW last 2 weeks as getting bogged down...still here my friend...not going anywhere...agree the nutty ones are the best...Cyprus delight that is!
Sarah x

Daniele said...

love the sdimplicity of the card looks great and yummy turkish delight as well can't be bad
hugs

Carmen said...

Love the card and your colouring. Also love the turkish delight, there would have been no fighting in my house, I would have walloped and ran with the box *g*

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Christmas overload - I've sewn so many 'bunts' (pennants) for my Christmas Bunting that I'm starting to dream in triangles!! Whereas your Turkish Delight is most definitely cuboid. Don't you need to help get your mate out of her triangular fixation and give her some TD? ;D

LL Jan xxx

Lionessgirl said...

Too late LL Jan...we scoffed the lot over two evenings and lemme tell you - even taking the photo required an act of will to keep hands out of the box!

Anonymous said...

No cuboids for me then...boo hoo.. have to have some triangular based prisms (Toblerone) instead!!

LL Jan xxx

PS Guess who's been doing 3D shapes with year 6 this week?!

Helen said...

Love your card, what a cute bunny! I did notice your record numbers, and no, I won't be getting round them all!
I think I am turning into Scrooge, as I am starting to hate shopping for Christmas - or maybe I am just getting old. Needless to say, not started yet. Fortunately not too many gifts to buy - but they do need thinking about now you've made me!

Sanna said...

Oh how cute card! :)

Traceyr said...

Good to see a "spring inspired" card this time of year :)

Got any Turkish Delight left? yum yum

Cath said...

Hi Julia, glad you liked the TD. I had a great time with you all on what seems like years ago. I got back to Cyprus last Sunday and have only just got back on to the computer as I have been in bed with flu since!

Talk soon
Cathx

Claire said...

Love the card Julia. I'm really missing WOYWW, I really must try & join in more often
C
xx

hollybeary creations said...

Adorable!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Julia - I'm so Christmassed out at the moment (must get my mojo back) that this is totally refreshing! Love the colours and that cute little bunny rabbit. I did notice the record numbers of WOYWWers and don't think I will be able to get round them all so been dipping in and out as suggested. It's just as well that Turkish Delight is virtual and not a reality because I don't think I could resist! :) Elizabeth x

Paige said...

such a sweet little bunnywabbit! I'm also loving the scalloped cirlce behind him! Nesties by chance? I must get some!!!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh lovely cute card Julia, love the colour :-) Mmmm Turkish Delight, yum yum, save a bit for me :-)
Anne xx

Morti said...

Awwww - wish I could have come over and we could have had a full on WOYWW huddle! Never mind, maybe next time!

Lyn said...

Smug from Sutton here.

For the first time in my life, not only am I almost finished Christmas shopping, they are all wrapped. Unfortunately, I am also Pants at Posting, so I need to get a wiggle on with sorting my overseas cards - I bought them weeks ago, just need to, ummmm, POST!

How cute is that bunny? What a change from seasonal colours at this time of year :-D

Ciara said...

It's funny how you do feel guilty about not making it around all the desks. I do make sure to visit everyone who visits me though, then I feel like I've done OK. Last week I nearly didn't post but knew I'd feel a bit left out when Wednesday came around!

See what you've started missus? And I've only been playing along for a couple of months!

Love ya really ;-)

Ciara
xx

akilli melek said...

unfortunately I can get Turkish Delight every day...that's why i dont fit in my jeans anymore. My fav is the rose flavour. So hard to stop at one little block...

I hear what you are saying about not having to visit everyone, but i neeeeeeed to at least have a peek even if i dont have the time to leave a message

caroline

Chrissie said...

That bunny is one cool dude! Fab card too!
Chrissie