Thursday 25 November 2010

In the eye of the beholder




Today's workshop was unseasonally seasonal'. It comprised four christmas cards made using non-Christmas stash, except for the message/greeting. So one of the cards has a panel, embossed and highlighted with the Antique Linen DI, and the panel edges are distressed - with a proper big girl crafter distressing tool, no less.

So the gals beaver away and we're having a chat and things are being passed around and well, you know. Among our number this evening is Miss Glitter - likes making cards, enjoys the social, has a quick humour and occasionally is brave enough to make her card with complete disregard for my sample design. It's ok. They do it so often now that my ego is over it! Now and then, an item for a particular card goes astray and we identify the item to the card when asking everyone to look for it. And this evening, Miss Glitter, without blinking, referred to the ribbon she needed 'for the tatty looking card'. Well, you should speak as you find, huh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone - which accounts for the photo quality, sorry!

12 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

LOL... its not a tatty looking card at all... in fact I like it a lot!! Photos not bad for a phone either!! ;)

Helen said...

Tatty? No, I don't think so either! Love the ribbons.

Elizabeth said...

Really! It's not tatty at all - just as well you have a sense of humour :) The ribbon is gorgeous and what a good idea to use non-seasonal stash. Elizabeth

misteejay said...

That's tatty, is it? Don't think so - it's beautiful.

Your phone photo is better than many of my camera ones LOL

Toni :o)

Annie said...

Tatty can be a term of affection you know....what about Tatty ted? :-) I rather like the card anyway.
A x

Carmen said...

LOL - I think wipso hit the nail on the head. For future reference, if you have a cropadile to hand for future comments... I can vouch for it's ouchness when applied with force to the head ;) Just sayin'.

kelly said...

yeah you worked out how to blog from your phone x

Lavinia said...

....ROFL,,,lol...cheeky! I know what I would have said to her? What was your reply???..I think the cards fine! The pic's ok too for a mobile upload
too!
Lavinia
x

Pam said...

I always keep my English for Dummies by my desk when I read your posts (okay, if it doesn't exist yet, then I think we should get a contract!) Tatty? NOT! There are a few other questionable English vs. Yank words here, but I beg to not point them out. As for quick humour, no translation needed!

Carola Bartz said...

Of course I first had to look up "tatty" in the dictionary... had never heard that word before. Nonono, that card is NOT tatty! I love making Xmas cards with non-seasonal stuff. Great!

Rosie said...

Tatty? TATTY? What planet is that woman on?? Now if it had been all torn and distressed I could understand it - I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea. On this occasion you can only rise above it!!

Unknown said...

tatty - the only thing tatty that would have been in that room would have been her hair after i'd yanked it for being such a cow!!! well, I would LOVE to have seen your face I'd have died laughing.

These moments are meant for you to come back and blog them to us!!!

P x x x